Thursday, April 4, 2013

Urgent Prayers for Our Nephew

Hello everyone, yet again I've been absent. Will be fixing that in the next week or so.

Can I please ask you to lift our nephew Marcos up in prayer?  He lives in El Salvador and on Easter Sunday he had an accident with a window that pierced through his chest cutting an artery and puncturing one of his lungs.

He had surgery to repair the damage but now is fighting infection, low hemoglobin, and bouts of high blood pressure.

Last night they were able to get him moved to a private hospital which has improved his situation but it still touch and go.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

Sandra

P.S. I'm going to get on my soapbox for a moment with this. If anyone doubts why we don't need social medicine in this country ask my sister-in-law (Marcos' mother). The government hospital he was in there didn't have some of the things needed for his treatment and they (the family) had to go out and get the items including medicine (paying out of pocket). Luckily they still have the option to go to private hospitals if they have the money to pay for it. Just saying imagine what that will be like here on the path we're on right now.


2 comments:

  1. I will keep him in my prayers. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your nephew. Hope he heals quickly.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete